Holy crap time flies when you're locked in babyland! I can't believe my little men are 2 months old already! To be honest, I can't say it feels like it went fast, it kind of feels like they were born forever ago. My days have slowly started meshing together and I've started to lose track of all time. Because the boys were born 4 weeks early, their adjusted age is actually 4 weeks. Here's a little look at our amazing little dudes:
- Good sleeper. Once he falls asleep can sleep for longer periods of time than his brother.
- Patient. When hungry in the mornings he'll lay around grunting forever before he'll actually start crying. Sometimes he'll even fall back to sleep!
- Has perfected the pouty lips. Makes the best sad face on the planet.
- Loves to cuddle and sleep on/with Mama and Daddy.
- Will sleep forever if put in the stroller and rolled around outside.
- Chugs bottles of milk...fast eater just like Daddy.
- Gave me a couple of REAL smiles this morning while we were playing together.
- Sleeps more during the morning but is awake more in the afternoon.
- Grunts and growls like a monster, especially when waking up.
- If he's hungry, he's HUNGRY. Won't wait for food without putting on a big show.
- Takes his sweet time while eating.
- VERY social. He loves to talk with Mama and Daddy. Gets really excited when we talk and throws his head back and opens his mouth and coos.
- Independent. Can sit in his swing for 30-45 minutes awake and content without falling asleep. Julian would have fallen asleep or cried for attention with that amount of time.
- Can only ride in the stroller for like an hour or so before he wakes up and wants out.
- Very awake in the mornings but sleeps longer after lunch.
They are both very different but also alike in many ways. They both love being outside and pushed around in the stroller. They both also are pretty good during car rides. They can both roll from tummy to back (they accomplished this at 4 weeks). Both have great head/neck control and strength. We've also outgrown all of the newborn clothing and are on to 0-3 mos sizes. The pants fit Julian's longer legs better but are tighter on Isaiah's belly as he's a little shorter and fatter. They both can stare at faces for a long period of time, and can follow me with their eyes when I walk by. They love when I hum or talk in their ears and love playing "Superman" with Daddy.
I can't wait to see what changes happen in the next couple of months. Being a mother to twins is a completely tiring/amazing/hectic/challenging/rewarding experience! I learn something new about these little people everyday :)