a new beginning

So today beings the first day of the fitness challenge! I'm wondering as I down my cup of coffee if I'm going to have the energy to partake in this adventure. Am I really going to have the energy to work out all week? I guess we'll find out. Exercise does increase energy so maybe after a couple weeks I won't be as dependent on this cup of coffee. (With cream and Splenda, thank you) With the boys being as fussy as ever, I will definitely welcome the serenity of a nice run outside or get some good stress relief from some sweat inducing resistance training.
I've had my 6 week check up with my OB who ok'd me to do whatever exercise I feel comfortable with so I have nothing holding me back. And to help me on my little journey I'm enlisting a couple of friends, Jillian Michaels and a workout log. I've purchased Jillian's Hot Bod in a Box that I actually worked out to before I was pregnant. Based on one work out post pregnancy...I was dripping sweat and my abs were sore a good 5 days after. If ya'll don't know who Jillian Michaels is, I suggest you get acquainted. If you've seen The Biggest Loser, you know who she is. The butt kicking, screaming, rip-your-heart-out-if-it'll-make-you-lose-weight trainer that has changed many lives on the show. Her work outs are no-nonsense and at first can seem overwhelming but trust me, they are doable for anyone. I've had to take things a little slower and do some of her work outs at my own pace until I was more fit but she will constantly keep you on your toes and keep muscles sore you didn't know you had. I started out with her book, Making the Cut, which gave some great information on how your body processes certain foods and how to maximize your weight loss and muscle building potential.
What are my goals for the next 12 weeks?
  1. Lose 20 lbs. I know I can do this with some hard work and motivation. 2lbs a week or less is totally doable.
  2. Run a 5k.
  3. Take the boys out for walks at least 3 days a week.
  4. Gain muscle.
  5. Fit into a pair of my pre-pregnancy jeans.
  6. Feel good about my body! I am so proud of the job it did carrying twin boys to 36 weeks and growing them to healthy weights. However, it's time to look  in the mirror and see something other than what my body did for my babies and see what it can do for myself.
  7. Help other women get healthy and feel confident in both their bodies and their abilities. We're stronger than we give ourselves credit for!
So I'll cheers this cup of coffee to a new beginning. Here's to getting yet another new body...not the one I had before my babies, but the one of a mama who can still kick butt and look good doing it!

No comments :

Post a Comment